Thanks for the reply Dr. Perca!

I'm very happy to harvest perch and enjoy a good Saturday afternoon fish fry some day soon.

I probably do have too many adult perch. I have no way of knowing for sure as I tend to catch a few of the largest female pellet hogs over and over. I stocked 100, 2 years ago I caught and gave away about 25 of the biggest perch to help another pondmeister stock his pond. The last 3 springs i have had maybe 10-12 ribbons, but I removed as many as I could easily get to. The ones in the deep I left alone.

I decided to see what would happen if I left all the ribbons in this time. I'm wondering if YP young can become forage for Walleye? Or will Walleye prefer the spotfins? I have no other panfish and few if any GSH left. I have zero FHM. I don't think any of the scuds or ghost shrimp survived. So when I establish my predator I have to think about whether they can live on YP and SFS as that is the only 2 species I seem to have left in the pond right now.

Can't catch crayfish in traps last fall or this spring so it seems there may be no crayfish left either.

Thinking of setting up underwater gopro or build a fyke net to better sample my population. With hook and corn or hook and worm I can only catch large YP, SFS, or one of the few fat and lazy goldfish left (down to about a small school of about 20)