Originally Posted by GotAPond
Thank you! I had already bought a 3/4" tee, two 12" Matala diffusers, and barbed fittings to connect the PEX to the discs. I got an expander tool, so it's set up and running fine

However, the roll Pex is holding it's rolled shape, so it looks like I have two loch ness monsters with all these coils rising out of the water. I don't want to weigh it down, I wish I had gone with weighted hose instead.

If I switch to weighted hose, should I get 3/4" diameter in that? Or can I use 5/8"?

5/8" will be plenty. You can use the grey 1/2" barbed fittings that you find in the local big box hardware/lumber stores. The self weighted airline you can use regular PVC glue to glue the barbed fitting to the hose, or just use hose clamps (preferably stainless) or go the belt and suspenders route and glue/hose clamp. Be forewarned, if you use the glue, if you have to take it apart you will be cutting it and throwing away the barbed fittings with a part of the hose still attached.

Don't feel bad, been there, done that with the non-weighted air line. I weighted mine, then the zip ties broke and it got tangled in fishing line, and was a general PITA. Re-spent $$ to get the weighted airline and kicked myself for not doing it in the first place.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).