You worked diligently to get them out. You haven't seemed to complain at all. If you had a little Cajun in you, it might have been a blast and something you looked forward too. I'm not Cajun either, but I do love their crawfish (had to change the spelling). Every year, I just can't wait for crawfish season to begin anew. I have a small property that I have been contemplating a ~1/8 acre pond. Been thinking about a Crawfish, TP, RBT rotation annually to produce 3 crops. It sounds crazy, but one of the things I want to select for is fishability of the crayfish. I would select for the crayfish that would dangle above the water for the longest length of time on a baited line. I have a great memories of catching crays as kid with pole and line. When my dad and I would bass fish, we'd even catch them on plastic worms and jig and grubs and bring huge ones right into the boat! The crayfish here and even in my home town lake are White River Crayfish and they have a similar annual cycle to the Northerns with fall mating and spring spawns ... but the WRC spawn sooner and mature faster and are ready to harvest in June-July time frame.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers