Originally Posted by jpsdad
...So was this with one trap? I also recall you were able to remove some with a cast net...

A single trap was used almost entirely, maybe very little overlap. A clover leaf early in the year and then much smaller cylindrical minnow style trap advertised as a crawdad trap. The smaller trap actually worked a little better than the cloverleaf. I think this was due to the inverted cones on the ends whereas the cloverleaf's slit openings go from top to bottom and allow the craws to just crawl out easier as they walk the perimeter.

I did catch some with a cast net, but not many. I was targeting tad poles and just happened to get some craws off the bottom (in 7 foot of water). I may have added 50 craws to the catch with the net.

I am using both traps currently and plan to put them further apart this evening. They are both fairly equal in trapped numbers right now, but are only 10 feet away from one another. I will be adding an anchor point to a big log about 50 feet away to attach the smaller trap to.

Fish on!,
Noel