I've tried a variety of tied flies, spinning lures, floating broke back lures, diving lures, popping top waters, rubber worms, real worms, corn, grass hoppers, small live panfish, stubby Steve's, jigs (with and without heads), Gulp baits, and (as silly as it seems) Elmers gluing feed pellets to a hook, BUT NOT flowers and such. grin lol. Do you know where I can find a toroidal on this method? Romance is not my strong suit, even with humans. cry

The best results I have had is using a 1/2" piece of night crawler during feeding time. Throw it out and let it sink hoping a gill does not get to it first. This only works, for the most part, if the HSB are noticeably active during feed time. I can see them for about week or two in the late summer just going nuts below the surface (1-2 foot down) with the occasional top water hits. I think they are hitting the pellets as they sink, and/or going after the smaller feeding HBG. They are very aggressive in their actions, but very hard to get on the hook. They are the smartest fish I have ever tried to cull!

Fish on!,
Noel