Dilemma: I want to take some HSB out, but they don't want to come out. I will try some more fishing this weekend, but past experience tells me that they don't become susceptible to taking a hook until much later in the summer (and then, it can be far and few in between). I will have to try some extreme measures...maybe trot lines, and just expect some of the larger HBG to suffer from this. I have heard that they like chicken livers. I have not tried this, but will....

Now to the dilemma, I need to add fish soon if I'm going to do it. To stock or not to stock is the dilemma.

Originally Posted by Snipe
QA, dare I say I feel your pain....You didn't really ask but I'd start removing fish by angling methods, targeting HSB. See what happens to your panfish population/size structure by next fall or the following spring then revisit your options.

Snipe is suggesting patience. This I can truly appreciate and may just have to take to heart. Part of me wants to throw in some panfish (4 to 6 inchers), maybe 100 or so as a forage booster shot and also 10 CC (10 inchers) to get them growing...If a have a DO crash, I would think the HSB would be the first to succumb hence resolving the HSB abundance issue. Am I just rationalizing my impatience?

Fish on!,
Noel