Didn't get a chance to walk around yesterday, but tonight, after supper took a look and, WE HAVE RIBBONS!!
last year ribbons spotted on 3-16 (probably were there on 3-15). Today spotted on 3-17 but probably happened last night so within a DAY of last year.

This year weather is a bit colder, water level is WAY down (3 feet by now), and I did an early rake of the shallows so very few leaves left on the bottom. I didn't have any branches in.

Also strange that this year they are on the east/SE side of the pond in 3 locations. Some very nice large strands probably from my larger size females.

I put a bunch of sticks out now on the south side, we'll see how many more we can get. We have a unusually cold and windy spell coming in the next 2 days but no more freezing planned. Maybe the wind will give some natural water flow over the eggs. Hopefully conditions will be good for a successful fry event. Would like to really boost the young perch population naturally. Many more SFS than last year, not sure if they will eat the swimming fry or not. My GSH seem to be gone, can't seem to catch any anymore (original stockers would have to be 7 years old by now!)

[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]

Attached Images
Ribbon 1.jpg
Last edited by canyoncreek; 03/17/21 05:47 PM.