As noted above, NO BG. But you will be happy with SMB/YP/RES.

Do a search for SMB spawning beds (big head stone, 2' - 3' diameter ring of medium rocks, fill the basin with your pebble-to-1" rocks) and put some in along with some nearby stumps/logs. That should keep your SMB spawning nicely.

Don't worry too much about YP overpopulating in 1/2 acre. 1) SMB will eat them in preference to the RES due to their shape, 2) you can probably control YP spawning by baiting and then removing YP egg ribbons, and 3) 1/2 acre is not too big to manage populations by angling.

Put in FHM as far ahead as possible - if the budget is tight, do them a year ahead to stretch out the purchases. Consider Gambusia (mosquito fish) - they are smaller than FHM but fast and prolific enough to maintain a presence even though RES, YP, and SMB will all eat them. I have had Gams in with my SMB/YP/RES/BGxRES since 2007 (also in my LMB/BG pond) end they keep breeding and feeding the bigger fish. No negative effects on the spawning of other species noticed.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]