Originally Posted by Jackinthabox
Yeah I see it on that site for like 75 bucks. I got a brand new looking “repaired” blue diamond 120 which I assume is similar to the hiblow 120. So you’re recommending running 2 aerators off of that? I have a 12” diffuser on the way now but I suppose I can order another. Wanted to get around the high cost of weighted tubing so I was just going to weigh down some regular tubing. Thanks for the help by the way. I’m not knowledgeable when it comes to ponds but would like to do what’s best I’m order to achieve the best results.

I am of the mindset of "buy once, cry once". Long time ago I did what you are saying you will do. I ended up throwing that home weighted tubing out after getting it caught during fishing numerous times, having the ties break and the tubing float up in areas, etc., etc., and went with the weighted tubing. So, technically the weighted tubing cost me more because I threw $$ away trying to go the cheaper route.

You will want to run 2 diffusers in the pond, maybe not both during the summer, (maybe both during the summer depending on the GPH brought to the surface of the pond), but one in the deepest part and one shallower (3' depth) to keep a portion of the ice/snow off of the pond in the winter. It is a royal PITA to drag one around from shallow to deep every year when the water temps are cold.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).