I just purchased a house, and I have a question about a spring/well looking thing attached to it. I couldn't figure out how to post pictures, so I linked to a question I asked on reddit with the pictures attached. I only got one answer, and a guy that works for me said to try out this forum. There is a well/spring looking thing attached to my pond (see link for pictures), there is a lot of debris at the bottom and it seems like there is no or minimal flow out of it to the pond. Do you think this is an old clogged spring, is that even a thing? There is definitely leakage out of the backside of the pond, you can see the water barely flowing out a tiny hole into a very wet marsh about 50x50 yds behind the pond. My main question is what do you think this is, or was. Thank you for your time, I can answer any questions if the explanation does not suffice.

Here is the link to the pictures https://www.reddit.com/r/ponds/comments/m4heah/question_about_pond_what_is_this_lots_of_debris/

Apologies if your not allowed to post links, I couldn't figure out how to upload the images.