I expect it was not a single species die off. Seeing the bass surprised me. It’s still butt deep in turtles.

The water looks an unhealthy green. I’ve never seen this except in badly over stocked ponds with a DO crash. And, after the cormorant invasion a couple of years ago, I restocked but lightly. And, it is a lot deeper than the other, older pond. The fish in the creek are in about 3 ft of water and they ate pellets well.

I’m going back in a couple of days and do some more fishing. Or, at least, trying to fish. I might have gotten a hit from the only LMB left. I expect I’ll catch some fish from the small pond, about a mile away, and put them in a floating minnow bucket in the bigger pond.

The bottom line is that I’ve been hit in the deepest pond that should have been the healthiest.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP