Originally Posted by Journeyman
Originally Posted by Jackinthabox
Ok yeah I’m not really going for water that clear then. I’d rather have a nice environment for fish and wild life. Just didn’t know what to expect after cleaning everything up.

The answer on what to expect is, as always, it depends.
But here's my guess.
That fact that you have a weed and algae problem, means you have an abundance of nutrients.
If you kill off weeds and algae without getting rid of the nutrients, well... mother-nature is only so patient. It'll be back. And worse.
The clear water you enjoyed was a result of the weeds were doing the work of grabbing all the little particles of decomposing organic matter. That will not be the case when the weeds are gone. The algae will eventually want to take up the job when you are not looking, or run out of money for chemicals.

Here's my advice.
Invest in a good Aeration system to help the breakdown process on the abundance of nutrients, and consider adding some Beneficial-bacteria to make sure it outcompetes your pending algae explosion.

I just bought a blue diamond pump I’m going to rig up to aerate it. I know it probably won’t be as nice as some of the expensive ones but figured I’d try it first