Originally Posted by FishinRod
Snipe, thanks for posting your experiment.

I am sure the Pond Boss professionals understand your project design, but (if possible) can you expand on a few points during the course of your experiment, so the rest of us can follow along?

As regards question #1, does the term "accept" mean some fish will elect to eat the pellets and some will not?

Or some will "accept" on Day 1 and some will "accept" on Day 10? In that case, it could be possible that Feed X resulted in more weight gain for the fish that were early adopters (relative to Feed Y), but that the distribution of "time to acceptance" was skewed much earlier for Feed Y - therefore it is the "better" feed for overall BG weight gain. (Is that part of the hypothesis that you are testing?)

Will you also have some type of control group that is the same starting size and age distribution in a grow-out pond with only those BG plus forage? (I assume there is no way to have a control group in the floating cage pens that can still have a proxy of a "natural" diet?)

I also don't get your reference to "not addressing liver function", but that is due to my low level of personal knowledge. If it is important to understand, can you clarify for us Noobs?

Good luck on your project. It sounds like it should be a Pond Boss hot topic!

Rod, the liver function question relates to the effects of various types of feed on the liver. Some feeds grow the fish nicely, but also lead to a fatty liver that shortens life expectancy. Optimal says their fish food doesn't do this, so the BG will live an extra year or two & get even bigger.

Last edited by anthropic; 03/13/21 04:46 PM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160