Another thread on Pond Boss encounters the "it depends" monster!

I think the "quality" of my creek water is relatively high, but I didn't think to ask what constitutes poor water quality that you would typically find in a CC pond.

What is the most likely water issue in the pond that would lead to fungus in the CC pond? What are the most likely water quality issues that are NOT related to fungus?

(My CC pond will have an almost 100% clay bottom. I assume one issue may be suspended clay and water turbidity when that catfish are working the bottom.)

Once I have determined the water "needs" of the CC pond, then I can evaluate how well the creek water can meet these needs.

The creek runs very clear and has a sandy bottom in most places. I am going to take water samples for chemical analysis throughout the year to determine if there are any "unseen" issues - BEFORE I spend money to break ground on ponds.

What are the essential items I need to ensure are included in the water chemical analysis?

There are also a lot of row crops in the watershed above my stretch of the creek. I may have excess fertilizer in the creek water at some portion of the year. It might be important NOT to add water to the CC pond during those periods. However, it could actually be beneficial water when it is time to fertilize some of the other ponds.