Originally Posted by highflyer
First off, welcome.

Secondly, slow down. Your stock tank is smaller than my brood ponds and there is no way I would put that any fish in one of my brood ponds. YOU are asking for trouble.

I have found that introducing a few selective fish into a pond that small is the best I can do. They will populate the pond very quickly. Remember, there is no food in that pond right now, so you have to add food as well. FHM are great, but they need food and habitat to reproduce. If you are just adding them as a snack, so be it. I have found introducing them with the right food sources and habitat works well.

I have found ONE and ONLY one predator is needed. DO NOT add two LMB or you will be starting over at some point. If you add ONE BC that would also be find, but it is an either/or.

If you toss in the FHMs now and add some habitat and food, you can then later add the BG of choice and after they are established, ONE and ONLY one Predator.

2 Cents complete.

For habitat I tossed some lengths of 12-15" corrugated plastic culvert I recycled from the side of the road. The county is replacing all culverts with concrete.

For FHM food, I know they eat phytoplankton but what can I buy right now to give them a jump start?
Dried mealworms?
Blood meal?
Cottonseed meal?

I'll add the FHM this week and wait until about memorial day to add CNBG

You think 10 weeks will be good enough head start?
Or can I shorten the timeframe?