Sharing the link that was just like this from last year.
You will see what locations had ribbons on what date. When I review the reports it isn't clear to me if it is water temp or air temps, or date of ice out or location in the pond that controls it. It has been suggested that amount of sunlight per day (photoperiod) is the thing that determines it but we don't have data on that for each location.

I guess pondmeisters this year could google their exact location and figure out the photoperiod on the days leading up to and on the day they see the first ribbon?

Looking at this link it appears that my first ribbon was on the 14th or 15th of march and I posted on the 16th. That means I could be 4 or 5 days away from ribbons? I would be shocked if that happens this year as we still have ice floating and water is so low that the usual beds of leaves that YP like to leave their eggs on are all high and dry. I probably should collect some dead fall branches and lay them in for them this year, or fire up my house well and try to pump the water levels up.

here was last year's post:
Yellow Perch ribbons 2020