Resetting (draining/nuking) the pond does not appeal to me at this point although it would make sense if I was in a hurry to achieve pond greatness.

My original goals of growing some nice size HBG and using HSB as population control has, well, tanked (I think). The fish have always been very difficult to catch, the HSB especially. The HSB are known for this trait and, I beleive, the HBG numbers have been low since the first good flow through. My pond gets washed out yearly...15" pipe full type of washed-out.

My current goal is to see more fish at feeding time and be able to take the pole to it and keep busy. I will certainly try to catch out some of the HSB. The dinner table is due anyhow.

I am being tempted (by an friend who shall remain un-named - lol) to just go willy-nilly (no offence Augie) and see what happens. This has some real appeal, I must admit. So, the question is...

Can I add enough panfish (HBG, BG, & GSF) to recover from a lack of forage, make feeding time more frenzy-like, & pump up catch rates over the next year or so (given a certain reduction in HSB in the pond)?

Last edited by Quarter Acre; 03/10/21 11:26 AM.

Fish on!,
Noel