Thanks Dr.Luke and thanks for sharing the owl picture. I had hoped something (owl or other bird?) would use my empty boxes for the last 2 years but no luck. I will donate one of my deck boxes to my dad who has a swamp nearby and maybe they will go to his more sheltered/private location.

I hope to try a mount in the water but probably our busy family activities and dog have something to do with it too.

What diameter pipe is this set up for again and where do I find the pipe? Would PVC work? I'm not worried about holding the weight but just want critters to not climb it. I could do a rerod or small metal stake into the pond bottom, slip the 2" or whatever inch PVC over it? Could even keep the mount in the pond during ice season and slip the post over it once ice out and i could find the mount under the water again?

I can't believe after record water levels on the great lakes and lots of erosions on the dunes that we are so far down on our groundwater table. I hear the water levels in the lakes have dropped quite a bit and my pond is about 3' down from peak and was already down back in January before the snow fell. We had a dry fall and the last few weeks a beautiful but dry early spring.

Last edited by canyoncreek; 03/08/21 01:12 PM.