Originally Posted by esshup
Originally Posted by RStringer
Something I realized last year also. The bigger the peninsula the more shore line. More shoreline means more to take care of. We weedeat ours right up the the edge so that adds alot of time. I'm not complaining because I love how mine has turned out so far but its alot of time during warmer months.

If you plant rushes and sedges along the shore, and only weedeat certain areas it makes it more difficult for geese to land on the pond and exit the pond to graze. The shorter rushes/sedges are easy enough to fish over, the band doesn't have to be wide, just look like a fence to them.

I really like this idea for my future ponds.

In addition to a visual goose barrier, it would also mitigate some shore erosion, and take up some of the pond nutrients that might be utilized by the dreaded FA.

What do you think about laying down some old chainlink fence on the shorelines right after the dozer finishes dressing the slope? The shore plants should grow right through it. Would it be worth the effort as an erosion barrier while the plants were getting established?