Originally Posted by FishinRod
+1 on your idea to run electric to the pond this summer!

Being able to run an aerator in your pond will almost certainly be beneficial - no matter what your goals are for the pond. The ability to water your grassed slopes during a drought would definitely be an additional benefit. I think a "sprinkler pump" would work well if you can get the pond water clean enough.

For this spring:

Looking at your picture #1, it appears that you do have some pipe running from your house to the pond. Can you use this line to get some slightly-pressurized water from the house to your areas where you are performing erosion control?

Water pressure at a long distance from your house will definitely be reduced. Pipe diameter makes a huge difference. I would recommend using PVC of the same size as the pipe in your picture for as far as you can reasonably afford to get close to your erosion spots. Then I would finish off with a large diameter (3/4") garden hose.

Any plantings you decide to utilize for your erosion control project will definitely do better with supplemental water if the rains are not timely.

P.S. If you do have cheap water available from your house, then utilizing a booster pump at the pond would allow you to water your grassy slopes with particle-free water as needed once you have electricity at the pond. (Assuming some type of large diameter water line from the house to the pond remains in your long-term plans.)

Good luck on your projects. It looks like your family is going to have a great house/backyard/pond combo!

Thanks for the input. Yes I want electric out there for an aerator and future fountain with lights, also want power for on my beach and future dock. The pipe from the house is from my sump pump which gets buried this summer. I am also going to run downspouts from rear of house to pond. My water comes from my well so I would say my water is fairly cheap. I can look at coming up with some type of water system to keep things watered during dry times. Thanks for the encouragement, getting things setup is work lol. Turning farmland into a home has been a journey, but should bring my family many years of joy.