Hello all, new to the forums, I been working on some property I bought for this pond now for about 6 months. I live in NE Oklahoma and grew up on a farm with a pond my grandpa built in the 60s and he didn't really know what he was doing but he built something amazing that has been a blessing my whole life. When he passed away family immediately started getting greedy and all's people can think about is money. Knowing I couldn't afford his land but wanted the same thing for my family I bought this property and want to make it the best I can.

When I bought this property it was full of trash, center blocks, a trailer that was falling apart and just heavy neglect. I have managed to get rid of the trailer, remove all the trash and have been working on just landscaping and removing dead trees or unwanted trees.

My pond is mostly on my property but crosses the property line slightly and my neighbor hates the pond, it generally is only a ft or 2 deep on his side at the most but during the summer gets to be just mud. My plan is to dig my pond deeper and turn it more kidney shape and use the dirt to fill in his side and bring in dirt to extend the dam around.

My wife wants a windmill out there, so I am also going to get a aerator windmill system this year.

Does anyone know a good way to completely remove or kill trees next to a pond that won't effect the fish? I am trying to avoid any damage to fish at all as I have already been catching 7 and 8lb fish and I'm sure there are bigger. The neighbor even thinks the pond is spring fed but I have no way of knowing that I can research. And as far as you can go back on Google Earth the pond has been there.

Any advise someone wants to give I'm open to ideas. Seems this place is full of knowledge! Here are some pictures.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kmjUbusgYS2Vp5Tp8