Count me in on the search...it's been 9 years but I'm officially on a UTV hunt [or am I?].

Have a local guy who buys UTVs used, repairs, and resells. Not sure I can justify cost of a showroom new unit, so used is tempting. He primarily sells Polaris Rangers 500 or 900 models, and they typically have around 5-10K miles. Asking price for these is $9-$10k including winch and snow blade, which we need around here. IDK if dropping that kind of cash on a used UTV is worth it. So, like in 2012, I'm struggling to find the right path.

To make matters more complicated, which I inevitably always do, I've been looking at those used Japanese mini trucks too - one can be had for $3-$5k with 50-75K miles. I could buy 2-3 mini trucks for the cost of ONE used UTV. I suspect one mini truck would outlive me with routine maintenance.

For that matter, I could buy 2-3 used Nebraska farm pickups with 200K+ miles for farm duties for the price of ONE used UTV.

UTV, Mini Truck, or beater corn truck?

UTV - new or used?

Polaris or keep looking?

I'm a disaster.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]