Squid, that’s what I try to do. Since I don’t live there I turn off the well, let all of the water out of the pressure tank and remove the drain plug from the pump motor. With the extended freeze, I expect I’ll be hosed on something. Then start an electric heater on low power.

BTW, I also pour a little bit of windshield washer anti freeze in the drains of the kitchen sink, flush the toilet after turning off the well, dip out most of the water, antifreeze in the tank and bowl. Then pour a little into the trap on the sink and the tub drain.

These things usually work but with extended single digit temps,I expect to do some plumbing when it gets warm enough to go there without my hands freezing. I’m a weenie when it comes to not being able to use my fingers.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP