Originally Posted by Augie
The diesel shops around here are loaded with work right now.
They said it would be two or three days before they could get mine inside to work on it.

I've owned this truck for 12 years and never had any cold weather trouble with it until now.

We have a Mitsubishi mini-split heat pump in Mrs. Augie's sun rooom. I shut it off three
days ago. Main furnace is outdoor wood boiler with propane backup, so we're not in
danger of freezing inside the house.

Augie, if it's a no start issue with the truck, dump a bottle of 911 in the tank. IIRC 16 oz treats 50 gal. If you haven't been servicing your fuel filter/water separator on a consistent basis, it could be water in the fuel, or just summer diesel that is gelling up. I can run summer fuel all winter long if I treat it with an anti-gelling additive. Maybe dump some anti-gel additive in the fuel tank too.

If you can get a torpedo heater and point it towards the front of the truck, and cover the truck and torpedo heater with a few moving blankest or at minimum a blue tarp, once the truck temp gets up above freezing I'll bet it'll start. Be careful if you do that, make sure the tarp/blanket doesn't catch on fire or that the heater is too close to the truck to distort or melt plastic.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).