Originally Posted by Augie
Just trying to deal with the cold here in Misery right now. Lots of snow on the ice. I'm staying off of it.
Cow pond is plenty deep and nowhere near carrying capacity so I'm not worried about a fish kill there.
Forage pond has been iced over pretty much every day since Christmas. I won't be at all surprised if
I lose all of the BG in that one. There's nothing I can do about it, so I'm not going to fret over it.

Spent a couple hours thawing a frozen livestock fountain this morning. I noticed a cracked ball valve on
another outdoor tap a few days ago, but it has gotten so stinking cold that one has frozen solid. I'll have
to wait for the temps to increase to fix that. Good chance of breaking the poly pipe if I mess with it now.

The cold got the best of farm truck yesterday. 245k mile Cummins. It cracked right off yesterday morning,
then started smoking out the exhaust. Looked like a tanker fire in my driveway. Waited on it to clear up,
headed for town, made it about a mile before it quit. Had it towed to a buddies shop in town. He thawed
it out overnight and changed the oil. Crankcase was completely full of diesel fuel. He drove it to the diesel
shop and left it there this morning. Probably going to need a new set of injectors.
Where did you take it? the biggest problem is finding a good diesel mechanic but a cummins like that I would recommend Forrest Cunningham.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.