I have never had any luck chumming myself. I heard that hard boiled egg shells crumbled up will float down and flutter. I tried them and they do just that. if I were a bluegill, I would certainly want to investigate the possibility of a possible meal.

Back to your OP.
I have great success on a local reservoir in my area. I learned that in the fall, when I am in my boat, that the fish start to congregate to the deeper water of this lake. The type of bait or lure that you use at this time of year is critical also. As the water gets colder, you MUST slow you presentation WAY down. Also, scale down in size, Way down. I will mainly fish a blade bait type lure in the 3/16 oz. or 1/4 oz size. These are 1.5 in long and the heavier on is like 2 inches long. Small jigs are also very effective in the fall and through the ice. BTW, my best lure through the ice is the same blade bait lure that I use in the fall in my boat. they are absolutely incredible on many species of fish.
Having electronics is a huge help.You need to 1st try fishing the deeper part of your pond, then work shallower. As mentioned above, try near any cover, especially deep cover or structures. If you have a friend with electronics that ice fishes, invite him over so you can watch. it is quite awesome to watch the fish on the electronics and watch them get close to your bait.
Another thing I suggest is to use a very light action ice rod. They usually bite so light that the spit out your bait or lure before you see or feel anything if you are using a rod that is too stiff. Even a 6# hybrid striper will bite extremely light this time of year, ( I got one last Wed ! )
If you have any more questions, feel free to email me. Btw, I am close to Sharon , PA.