Looks like we're about 120 miles south, Boerne TX, but on this north side of a hill it's stuck at 30 with sleet and freezing rain, the trees and wood decks are already heavily coated in ice, and I don't trust any of the forecast highs for the next several days (after all, it's now 30, not the forecast 38). Forecast 40 tomorrow, I'll take the under. Our little pond would make its own cloud of fog but the wind blows it away at twenty mph. I thought I had until Saturday morning to disconnect hoses and run faucets, but there I was slipping about this morning on accumulated sleet. I think the forecasts are chasing this arctic blast (like in 1983 and 1989), we now have more freezing rain forecast for tonight and again Saturday and then twenty-four hours of "occasional" snow starting Sunday noon...and more damn freezing rain next Wednesday morning (end of forecast! Is this endless?!) I just hope the forecasts are wrong about spending hours in the teens mid-morning Monday (what a norther blow) and eleven hours in the teens starting Monday evening (whereat all the heat of the earth escapes to space).

Dan McWhirter
DannyMac