Well, it's DO OVER time. In the fall, I went to Overtons and bought some beautiful HSB. The pond was extremely low, so my husband filled it to the brim. and we were excited to start fishing. The next day, all the minnows and HSB were dead. We decided that chlorine had killed the fish. Big lesson learned.

Fast forward to now. We treated the pond with Soilfloc and grass surrounds the pond. Success!

Wednesday, we put 5 lbs of fathead minnows in the pond. Mid March, we plan to put in about 12 HSB. Mid April, we plan to put in some talipia.

Will our timeline work? It's not too late to change it, so suggestions are great.

The pond holds water very well. So now I have a BIG question. There will be occasional times we will need to top off the pond, even if it's only for evaporation. Will small amounts of chlorine hurt the fish? I could add API Pond Neutralizer. I've also researched filters we could attach to the water hose that is good for 45,000 gallons. Has anybody ever used one of these filters?

Last edited by Chandler1; 02/11/21 12:17 PM.