I had to look up what CNB were. I now assume CNB = CNBG. I doubt CNBG will thrive and produce well in KS climate; this is especially true if the pond gets ice cover. CNBG struggle in ponds with ice cover.

It is going to take someone smarter than me to figure out a good harvest and annual management plan to get YP to thrive in a pond with a strong LMB population with BCP, CC, and CNBG. Some YP could / might survive in this community but not thrive nearly as well as LMB and BCP. LMB and CC are going to eat more small and yearling(5"-6") YP than other panfish. Plus the BCP will eat a lot of the YP fry when they have their planktonic open water life cycle phase. Creating enough habitat to enhance the YP will IMO cause too many other species to overpopulate.

I repeat my opinion noted above: The YP will spawn this spring, then in 2022 - 2024 watch to see if any young YP are being caught. I suspect that the numerous LMB and CC will reduce YP numbers to the occasional bonus fish. If angler catches in 2023 and beyond include small 5"-6" YP then what you are doing is working.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 02/11/21 10:53 AM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management