That number of LMB would be conducive to growing larger LMB compared to larger BG. In this scenario, it is commonly thought that the BG-like species will overpopulate and stunt. Fewer bass to keep the BG in check. This leaves an army of BG-like fish to reproduce and provide forage for the few LMB. Hence growing larger bass. The opposite (more LMB and fewer BG) would lean towards an overpopulation and stunting of bass that would deplete the BG reproduction leaving more food for the larger BG. Hence growing larger BG. That's my watered down version and if it interests you, read this (Thanks Mr. Cody!)...

https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=189988#Post189988

It has been my experience in my little pond that the fish are difficult to catch on lures, but using something that resembles a feed pellet (brown fuzzy fly or small piece of worm) greatly increases my chances (and at feeding time). But, I have HSB and HBG stocked. Not everyone experiences this especially those with larger BOW's. HSB are known to be hard to trick too. I love feeding the fish so that's what I do and it can only help your fish so long as you don't overfeed.

Last edited by Quarter Acre; 01/29/21 11:29 AM.

Fish on!,
Noel