Originally Posted by Quarter Acre
Here is what I did with the pallets. I used stacks of 2 and 3, each pallet separated by bricks so that the slats were not laying on top of each other yielding more usable flat surfaces. NOTE: one cinder block is NOT enough. I ended up adding a few more and then some boulder rocks for good measure. If you don't use enough weight...you'll learn how to fish for pallets in the rain with a garden hose and sprinkler head...It's not as much fun as fishing for fish I can tell you that! lol One cinder block per pallet in the stack is a good start and then add more to be on the safe side. My pallets ended up being in 2 to 3' of water with about 10" of water over the top pallet at full pool.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

On the easier side, you could just string some together and let them float/sink at the shoreline. I have not done this, but considered it thinking that I could remove them easier once the FHM's eventually disappeared. The FHM's are all but gone now after 4 seasons. I decided to make them a more permanent structure in the pond regardless of FHM populations and not have to look at "Trash" floating around the pond in the mean time.

Here is the list of acronyms that we so frequently throw around.( Thanks to Theo!)...

https://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92442#Post92442

I would think that the CC sizes would be a bit large for my comfort. An 8 inch CC could easily eat a 2" LMB. And, I have found that 2 inches to a fish supplier means some will be 1-1/2 inches while others will be 3". Give the 2" LMB a full summer season to grow and 6-8" CC would make better sense to me.

That looks great! Thanks for the info on using the bricks and blocks, that info sounds like it will save me a lot of hassle down the road.

I'll hold off on the CC for now. I thought it seemed strange that the LMB were so small (and expensive!). Is getting bigger fish an option, or worth the extra money if available?