Originally Posted by esshup
Originally Posted by Zep
Scott....so your fox got a coon.

We never see coons in person, but at night on the game cam our place is swarming with coons.

Yep!! There are a huge amount of coons here, a neighbor that is 1/2 mile away loves coons. He feeds them, and they crawl up on his lap to eat out of his hand too. He even has one of the local nuisance trappers (Critter Control) drop off any coon that they live trap at his place. That's OK, I have plenty of dog proof coon traps. LOL Last year between the next door neighbor (who has a chicken coop) and I, we trapped just shy of 40 coons.

Plus one on the dog proof traps, last winter I probably caught 50 coons in my dog proof traps and another dozen this winter already, we were over run with them, my theory is they are discouraging and even eliminating wild turkeys in my area by eliminating nests among other things, I had a lot better turkey numbers already the first year after thinning the coons out some, I have several other friends that had the same results, they just multiply so fast without anybody hunting them anymore.
That being said, I have a picture from my game camera of a coyote with a coon in his mouth.

Last edited by gehajake; 01/27/21 04:38 PM.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.