KRM1985, welcome to the skunked ice fishing club.

We've been on this property for 11 years now. Most years I've cut holes in the ice of our 1/4 acre pond and tried all sorts of baits and lures. Red wigglers, mousie grubs, meal worms, stubby steves, ice fly jigs, crappie nuggets. I've yet to pull a fish up on the ice surface! I fish local lakes successfully, so it's not that I'm clueless to ice fishing.

We've got YP, LMB, GSF, BG, tiger trout, and a very few BCP swimming in a very small quantity of water. Once, I pulled an small LMB up close to the hole before it got off the hook. Another time I raised a 6" YP to color depth. Ice fishing just doesn't work on our BOW.

We run an aerator in shallow water to keep a spot clear of ice for gases to escape and oxygen to diffuse into the water. It seems that Bill Cody made mention one time that too much water movement in winter may homogenize the water temperature, eliminating a warm water refuge. The warm water fish then would possibly be stressed to the point they would not feed. Why the YP and trout never bite may be more of a mystery.

Hopefully you will uncover the secret for your pond. I'll keep trying. All I have to do is walk 50 feet from my house and I'm out on the ice, so I'm not travelling anywhere.