This pond build included clearing the trees, a lot of them, taking out a lagoon, and ripping out a seam of rock that we ran into about 20 feet down. He has the equipment and operators to do the job, that's why I went with him. I got quotes from four other builders and their prices were from 13000 to 25000 and most of them just had one piece of equipment i.e. Dozer, track hoe, etc. I just felt better with a company that has the man power and equipment to do the job. When I asked him why he was so much cheaper than my other bids, he explained to me the amount of time it would take to do the job, and then we did the math at $135 an hour and it came to right at $10000. The extra cost over run was due to the rock we ran into that had to be ripped out, I was informed of this before we started the build that we could run into this. When we hit rock, he showed me, and then told me what it would cost before he continued so there would not be any surprises, very professional. I asked about a guarantee against leaking, he told me he had never built a pond that didn't leak some, and had never seen one that didn't leak a little, well, this pond has not leaked a drop that I can see. It was built a year ago last November and I filled it from a creek about 200 yards below the dam. I used a two inch trash pump to fill it, took about three months to fill it, might want to check into that if you have a creek nearby. Anyways I am very happy with his work and would highly recommend him