Originally Posted by teehjaeh57
Originally Posted by Snipe
I have a hell of an Idea.. I have 3 cells to build in the next couple of months.. How about we do one with soilfloc, one with soda ash and the 3rd with bentonite??

Are you convinced they will all leak? Considering cost, availability and your professional experience I’d recommend your soda ash application. I will help you all I can - I’m down for the road trip.

My thought was although I already know soda ash will work in my soil (less than 3% clay particulates of any sort), I have the complete soil logs of the last 3 jobs I've done, 1 is lean to fat sandy clay, 1 is heavy Loess content and 1 is very much the same as my own at primarily Fine sandy loam.
All 3 have what I consider acceptable loss at less than .100/day. 1 is .033/day, .057/day and the hardest to seal was the heavy Loess and came out at .097/day which just barely exceeds guidelines set in Doc 509. But I also shorted the second layer by 3lbs per 100 sq ft. Had I done the second layer slightly heavier, the seal may have well fell into 509's acceptable limits.