In case anyone is interested, I did discover a few things about soilfloc. Its polymer is anionic polyacrylamide (PAM) and a unit is 1 55 lb bag of part A and 1 55 lb bag of part B. Don't know if both bags are polymer or if 1 bag is polymer and the other inert (in terms of being a polymer). So assuming 110 pounds of polymer per unit and a recommended rate of 1 unit per 3000 sq ft the application rate is ~.59 oz. of polymer per square foot. So roughly 1.2 % the weight recommended of bentonite when constructing a liner using bentonite (3 lbs/ft^2). The cost to treat with soil-floc excluding shipping and application is ~ $8000 per acre which is a fraction of the FOB source cost of Bentonite > $26000 but just not sure about the cost of bagged mud nowadays. There is a big difference in the weight. 130,680 lbs dry bentonite per acre compared with to 1597 lbs of soilfloc. If only half the soil floc is polymer, then 799 lbs of soilfloc polymer. So either 81 or 162 times the sealant by weight is recommended for bentonite.

I would personally love to do some testing with soil floc and report the findings. If any one has a small batch of part A and part B leftover from a treatment, and can spare it, I'd be happy to pay shipping for a small sample to work with. Same goes for bentonite but I don't care to do any testing with granular bentonite.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers