Originally Posted by TGW1
I have used at least 10 different polymers to control fluid loss. I would suggest a pilot test to determine how to apply the polymer to the soil to seal a pond. My first thoughts are to just add it on top of the soil and not blend in with the sand. If you look at some of soil floc earlier reccomendations were to dust in on top of the water and let it sink to bottom. That would put the product on top of the soil on the bottom of the pond. And from my experience i think that would be better than blending it with sand. When people have used the polymer they talk about how it is gooey and slick and how it sticks to the side of their boat when they add it to the water. And that is exactly how it acts, Keeping this in mind, when it is added to a soil it forms a slick, gooey film that water will not pass through if the goo is thick enough. To pilot test it use a bucket, drill holes in the bottom of the bucket and blend it with soil add water and see how long it takes before the bucket leaks. Then do another test with adding it to the top of the sand/soil covering the sand and then add water. See how long it takes for the bucket to leak.

Agree Tracy - good observations.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]