I agree with Tj on using polymers for some leaks. I have purchased soil floc from Tj for sealing off leaks in my sediment pond and it was easy to apply and I saw some bennifit from the product. And he is a good guy and will help you out if he can. I also agree that shipping cost ( if you have to ship it) would be way cheaper for the polymer because it takes alot less of the product. As for using bentonite, it is a clay and can be used to help reduce fluid loss. You just have to remember it is not a plastic liner nor is it a conctrete pool. In my opinion, after using bentonite most everyday for 40 yrs, it will reduce the fluid loss if applied prior to filling the pond with water. It is not so easy to get enough of it in place to seal a leak after there is water in the pond. Can it be done i think it can. But it would require a premix but again it will reduce the fluid loss and may not completely seal off 100% of the seepage. Another thing is you can use most of those types of polymer products mixed together with bentonite in a premix.

Last edited by TGW1; 01/12/21 07:45 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy