jpsdad - this is a 15 year old thread - a lot has occurred/posted in that time. You have summarized some of the advances from other threads and your research. A number of PB Cutting Edge articles have addresses some of these ideas and there is a whole lot that we don't know. I am sure I have missed a lot of info as the world of knowledge is advancing exponentially.

I believe that many fish traits are inherited/adaptive and most we don't have any info about . Many we cant see or observe such as internal physiology (guts , brains , chemistry ). Maybe we should try to gather a bunch of threads and info and do an archive on the topic.

Originally Posted by jpsdad
My intuition is that poor learners also tend to be the most vulnerable to hook and line.

Good question - there is an 1980 vintage study on fast growing LMB. I wonder if aggressiveness and learning ability are related but not the same. Some of the early fast growing offspring of big LMB were very aggressive and often were quickly eaten by larger predators because they took more risk in feeding. But a few of the aggressive fast growing LMB offspring of big LMB ended up being huge.

Last edited by ewest; 01/08/21 04:48 PM.