If I knew it wouldn't jinx me, I would say I have now "seen it all" in my pond.....

I have six Vertex aerators in my BOW that have been in place for almost 9 years. I do a fairly decent job of maintaining my system so I was somewhat shocked to see a set of air bubbles in an area with no aeration. I set out in my nifty little Twin Prowler to investigate and quickly discern the bubbles are emanating from the weighted air line feeding one of the aerators. The aerator it was feeding was in relatively shallow water and easy to retrieve so I pulled it up and started pulling air line into the boat until I got to the point of the leak. The pics speak for themselves; and is usual for me, I am baffled. As I said the lines have been in place for almost 9 years and I have never had any issues with weighted line leaking, much less some varmint chewing on them...at least none that I am aware of.. The line was down in about six feet of water.

So, I am curious to know if anyone else has had any issues with something chewing on their weighted line?

I am not sure what varmint it is. The teeth marks look to narrow to me for it to be a beaver although I know I have them here...I haven't seen any muskrat lately but have had those critters here too in the past. Any ideas?

Attached Images
IMG_7812.JPG IMG_7810.JPG