Originally Posted by esshup
But on the flip side of the coin, if the pond was constructed without a clay liner then there shouldn't be any problems. Depending on the side wind loads on a floating pier, a floating dock may take more work to install.

If the water level in the pond didn't fluctuate more than 18" I'd go with an anchored, fixed pier.
But on the flip side of the coin, if the pond was constructed without a clay liner then there shouldn't be any problems. Depending on the side wind loads on a floating pier, a floating dock may take more work to install.

If the water level in the pond didn't fluctuate more than 18" I'd go with an anchored, fixed pier.

Agree - Yes if no liner then leak issue isn’t as prominent.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]