RAH, the 2nd (or 3rd?) rut is kicking in. Saw 2 different does yesterday being chased by bucks. I had a 130 class buck (I think, I can't judge inches on the hoof) in the crosshairs off and on for about 10 minutes yesterday at approx. 180 yds. Landowner didn't want me to shoot bucks, just does, so I didn't pull the trigger. Then talking to him afterwards he wanted to know why I didn't. I said, you said no bucks. Your property, your rules. I'm not here hunting for me, I'm here to hunt for you - to reduce the amount of does on your place. He then said you could have shot him.

Nope, not unless I get a clear green light I'm sticking to what he said at first, and I will still go to sleep easily at night.

The deer trails there in the woods are just lines of mud, they see that much deer traffic. It's in a reduction zone, so my goal is 10 does.

That buck had good mass at the base, was about 2" wider than the ears on each side, and was about 16"-18" high. High rack, not too much length going forward. left side was symmetrical, G2's were probably 12" - really tall. 10 pt, right side had a crab claw at the end of the main beam.

Last edited by esshup; 12/12/20 02:05 PM.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).