Ok I bought this land 17 years ago and had a pond damn built a year later before I ever lived on the land in Idaho. I retired 7 years ago and moved from nevada to Idaho and the willows were already established.

I understand that you don’t want them in the damn plus they use a ton of water. This pond is a farm pond and stays full until July and starts receding. Typically by niw it’s already filling back up but fall and so far winter have yielded little moisture. Typically it will fill up by spring.

I have access to these willows each fall to cut they as they are under water most of the year.

I just cut some of the larger ones and am trying to decide how to move forward. I thought about treating the stumps to get rid of them?

What do you guys suggest? Also I have an island that typically surrounded by water for waterfowl to use. I have started thinning that area as well.

I do have LMB and channel cats in the pond so what ever I treat these willows with I need to protect my fish.

I tried attaching pics from my iPhone but it blocks my file type for some reason?