I killed my first buck over 50 years ago and have been studying them ever since. Mama Nature generally tosses a curve ball when I think I have it figured out. Last year we had a massive acorn drop and rarely saw a deer when hunting. They didn't have to move over 6 ft. to fill their belly. I guess there was a rut.

This year, no acorns and the deer are larger and healthier than I've seen in years. I started to plant wheat plots but didn't get rain at the right time. And, just about everything gets rooted up by the hogs.

I and a 21 year old that hunts with me both killed bucks opening morning. Now, it's hog hunting time but even Texas Parks and Wildlife has no idea what to do about them. They showed up on my place about 15 years ago and are increasing exponentially. Sooner or later you guys up North will have 12 months to hunt. And, you will have mixed emotions about it.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP