Hi guys,

Still really bummed about the previous deal not going through, still hoping that seller will get less crazy somewhere around Q2 of next year.

I visited the pond that is on the 12 acre Parcel in florida. It's not exactly what I'm looking for but it's got some good upside too.
There is ~3 acres of good dry land for some atv/dirtbike/camping fun.

It seems to be a fairly natural florida "lake" and about 1/2 is on the neighbor's property (not ideal but not a deal breaker for me). Whole thing is probably 8 acres or so with big deep sections that are around 10' during dry season.

Being a natural florida lake that means it's fairly swampy. Aside from the "lake" bit there are several acres that look to always have a few inches andup to a foot or so duing the rainy season.

It may be possible to build out some dams to control this better, and luckily down here I have a good dirt guy who owes me pretty big. Maybe I can get him to do some work to pay me off.

It's definitely got some fish in it (bass tilapia and bluegill probably some kind of catfish and gar), but its not chok full. Probably the alligators got em wink. Could be a fun spot to start off without having many expectations beyond adding some fish every year and a few feeders and seeing what happens. Especially if I can get good terms from the seller. Looks like a nice spot to put in a canoe and paddle around, maybe a jet ski (its deep enough in large parts). Keep things i catch elsewhere and move em over. Ya know, just fun.

Since we are also moving to a house with more land so we can do some self sustaining gardening/light farming I'm also considering experiment with aquaponics which would result raising some forage fish (shrimp, bluegill ) which I could bring over to the lake. I'm going to do a second trip later in the month.

Up in Georgia right now, if the weather cooperates Ill check out the one up here this weekend. Its closer to what I was initially looking for. ~8 acres with 1/2 acre pond on it in an area I can probably rent the site out as a campground when I'm not on it to help support my bass habits (get it? Im hilarious)

Im going to ask a lot of questions, but only because I'm clueless

5-20 Acres in Florida. Bass/Tilapia/Bowfin/Gator