Originally Posted by TGW1
When i had high numbers of Moz Tp they were easy to catch on rod and reel or fly rod using a beaded head fly. I agree with Frank, they will feed on minnows like fingerling lmb fhm's etc. If one adds Moz Tp to your pond before your lmb are large enough to eat 3 or 4" Tp the pond can be overtaken by the Tp numbers. That was my experience.

This agrees with Swingle's findings also. He failed miserably to raise fingerling bass with them. Moz TP grow too fast to be vulnerable to fingerling LMB. Like similar sized BG they are competition to fingerling LMB also eating food that would otherwise grow the fingerlings.

Eric, if you haven't read this paper, I think you will enjoy this read as it pertains to similar ideas you have/are explored with plasticity in bluegill populations. This study found that Moz. Tilapia readily eat fish and that they are digested in less than an hour. They mention that 16% of field collections had fish in their stomachs. To put this in perspective, this means that 16% of the field collected fish had eaten fish within the hour prior to capture!!!

Last edited by jpsdad; 12/04/20 11:02 AM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers