Snipe, I trust your judgement better than some of the game wardens.

I have notes from 2015 where I asked a person at KDWP - Pratt, and they confirmed that: you may stock any legally caught (on hook & line) game fish into a private pond. We then had a discussion about trying to manage a pond with spotted bass caught in creeks.

Today, I got into the Kansas fishing regulations. I cannot find anything that confirms that type of stocking is a legal act. I just now called the KDWP district office in Wichita, and a person once again confirmed that my query was a legal act. I then asked about baitfish, and he said that was also legal. He was adamant that NOTHING leaves a BOW that has declared nuisance species. That appears to be their current focus.

In my experience, the default response for most government employees is "No". I have now heard "Yes" twice, but I am skeptical because I cannot find confirmation in the statutes and regulations. I would feel much better to "have it in writing".

I will continue my reviews and keep posting on the topic. Any comments that cite specific statutes would be greatly appreciated.