The first step in the transfer involved pumping the water down enough so the pond could be seined. I started the night before and pumped it down 10" just to see the rate of drop. My plan was to start pumping at 8am the next morning. When I got up it was 26 degrees outside and decided to wait till 7am to start pumping. I should have pumped a little more the night before and started a little earlier. We ended up an hour or two of waiting to pump more water out of the pond. This is my first time of doing such a thing. I'll have a better idea of how much to pump if I do it again. 3" trash pump.

While we were waiting the cast net became a popular pass time and a number of HSB and RES were captured and transferred to my main pond. Does anyone know how to rotate pictures posted on this forum that were taken vertically? I can do it easily in my computer but when I post them on the forum they always come up with the picture horizontal.

[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com][Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com][Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com][Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com][Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com][Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]
[Linked Image from forums.pondboss.com]

Last edited by snrub; 11/29/20 10:38 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine