I've had a JD2620 bought new and really liked it. Thought one a little bigger would ride better and be easier on my back so traded it for a JD3038E. Liked that tractor a lot too. Sold it recently to a guy that was tickled to get it. Decided I wanted to stay out of the dust, heat and bugs in the summer while bush hog mowing around the place so decided on the 4044 with cab. Started out looking at the 4066 and the 4052 but in the end decided the only place I would ever use the extra horsepower was in tall grass mowing and I don't particularly need to get that done in a hurry. So for the price difference in the horsepower for essentially the same tractor otherwise I would take the money saved and spend it on attachments. I hope I like it as much as I have the other two small hydro tractors. I can already tell the loader is a lot stouter than what I have been used to with the others. And I put the optional air seat on it so that is a dream on my back compared to the two others. I have that same air seat suspension in my JD5083E and it works good.

Last edited by snrub; 11/28/20 10:02 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine