Well the seining is completed and was a success! At least successful enough to suit me.

Wife took a bunch of pictures and I will share some of them but not tonight. I'm pooped.

But I will give just a short explanation. Ended up getting 200+ HSB that appeared 6-9" long with most 8" or better. And untold numbers of RES with a few of the original stockers from this spring at around 5 or 6" and hundreds and hundreds of 1" on up. Lots in the 2-3" range. That makes an estimated total of 350 HSB taken out of this pond from the original 500 stocked. And it would not surprise me a bit if there are 100 left in there because we could feel them hitting us going around the seine.

The fish all were very healthy in appearance. I was really pleased.

Took longer to pump the pond down than I anticipated, but we finally got the deepest part down to about 5' depth. We were using a 4' deep seine and not as wide as the water so we left lots of fish behind.

Thanks to Snipe, Rstringer and FishinRod for all their help. And especially Snipe that corregraphed the operation as well as provided and showed us how to use the salt bath to cleanse the fish. All fish (other than a few we caught with a cast net) went through the salt bath.

We all, along with Rstringer's daughter and my wife, had a really good time.

Man I am feeling some new muscles I did not know I had though. Slogging through mud and muck dragging a seine and climing up and down muddy banks ain't for sissies. When you pay those big bucks for the fish you stock from commercial fish sellers, those guys earn their money.

That's all for tonight but will try and get some pictures up tomorrow.

Last edited by snrub; 11/28/20 08:00 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine